Thursday, September 18, 2008

Child Training




It has been a while sense I posted, and a lot has happened in the past couple of weeks. The one that I would like to talk about is the child training that we had dealt deal with this week.


We have been trying to raise some chickens, and we had only lost one out of 20 and things were, and still are going very well. Wednesday morning we ate breakfast and got daddy off to work. Before daddy had left for work he let our 19 chickens out to run around. After our morning duties I had my oldest son Gage who is 7 go out as usual and put the chickens up before we got started on a morning of schooling. I am putting away laundry and my 5 year old came in and said that there was a chicken sick. I went out there and the chicken was hurt, and could not stand up. Come to find out Gage was having a hard time getting 4 of the 19 chickens in and he threw a stick to try to get them to go in and hit one and broke its neck. To make a long story a little shorter, he had all of the fun things that he enjoys, knives and so forth taken away from him for a while to try to teach him how foolishness has its consequences.

Me being the mommy thought daddy was being a little harsh about the situation. I thought that it was an innocent mistake, but daddy thought he needed to learn a lesson. Later that night before bed, I was doing my Bible study and I was reading some scripture about child training, and the Lord dealt with my hart about what had happen that day. Once again daddy was right, the Lord puts the men the head of the house hold for a reason.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old he will not depart
from it.

Proverbs 22:15 Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall
drive it far from him.

1 comment:

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Thank you for sharing a great testimony!

Mrs. B