Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rainy Days


Rainy Days
My family and I woke up early this morning
and it was a gloomy, rainy day out. The kids
were kind of down because there would be no
going outside, at least for the first part of the
day. Personally, I enjoy a good rainy day every once in a while, the windows open, the smell of rain blowing in the window, candle's lit, and everyone trapped in the house all cozy on the
couch reading books and listening to stories
on tape. Most of all, I realize how much I
enjoy my big porch. I line dry all of my clothes,
there for on a good rainy day my porch comes in handy, I don't like to get behind on my laundry
so I hang them out on the porch. The children went outside with me, while I was hanging them
they sat on the old porch swing, swinging away playing " The Car Game ". Yes, unfortunately, my cozy home gets neglected from its normal clean ups blankets on the floor, dishes in the sink, and books lying around, but I and the children take long naps that we older ones don't normally get. As we wake up, the sun is shining, there is a good breeze out, and the frogs are chirping. I wake my oldest up and ask him if he wants to go out frog hunting, and I have to go about cleaning up the mess that was left from our cozy gloomy day.

1 comment:

Heart 4 My Home said...

I scrolled down and saw your music icon. I L-O-V-E Kari Jobe. The gift GOD has blessed her with in worship ministry is so awesome. I was introduced to her music about 2 years ago and have one of her CD's. It is great!

What a lovely post. I agree, rainy days can be nice at times...especially when you don't have to get out in it. *smile*

~Blessings,
KeeperoftheHome