Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby Stroupe!!!!!!!!!

Deacon James Stroupe
8 pounds 12 ounces
19 1/2 inches

He has light blond hair, but not much of it. He is a meaty little thing. He looked a lot bigger than we all thought he was.

Labor went pretty smoothly, it took a little longer than the last one but everything went great.

I delivered in the hospital with a wonderful midwife, that is all natural, and is all about mommy, daddy, baby, and what they want. I also had a wonderful nurse that helped out also. The hospital that we went to is a baby friendly hospital and there are only 2 in the state of Illinois, and let me tell you they are wonderful.

I spent most of the time in the great big jacuzzi tub, while Andrew was leaning over the tub with me praying with me and trying to keep me relaxed as much as possible. My husband is what keeps me going during labor.

After several hrs in the tub I decided to get out and try to get things moving. I got up moved around Andrew did some wonderful hip and back massages. After about 15 min Deacon is ready. I only had to push 2 times, Andrew is the one catching but my midwife had to jump in because our little Deacon has big shoulders that did not want to come with. Before his shoulders were out he was already crying. I had a little more bleeding they like to see, but all is doing well now and we are home and just lounging and trying to rest.

I will post more to keep you up dated, and now time for the fun things.......










3 comments:

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

He is BEAUTIBUL!!

You guys are so abundantly blessed

mrs. b

Heart 4 My Home said...

What a handsome face! I am so happy for you all. What a great Christmas blessing.

~blessings

Anonymous said...

Hello, I also come from a family of seven--three boys and two girls. My mother homeschooled us briefly (she taught us how to read and write and do math).
I hope to have a large family myself; they are so, so, so much fun.
God bless!